Advanced Spa Covers FAQ's
Yes, thank you for this question; because this is very important to us here at Advanced Spa Covers, and there are many reasons why we are more environmentally friendly than any other hot tub cover available…
1. To begin with, our patent protected design allows us to use 1/3rd less foam insulation to produce every cover while at the same time improving the ability for the cover to increase energy savings at the same time.
Using less insulation reduces the impact on our natural resources.
Being more energy efficient saves power and energy and saves you money too.
2. Old water logged traditional hot tub covers are tossed into our landfills at an astounding rate. The State of California estimates that 1.74 million old spa covers are throw away every year. These old water logged covers are not recyclable. The Advanced spa cover does not absorb water, and comes with a lifetime warranty too.
3. We do not any Styrofoam, or EPS foam in the production of our covers. We use only a new technology of foam called NGX foam which meets all of the latest and strict EPA Guidelines for environmental protection. Advanced Spa Covers is the ONLY manufacturer of hot tub covers that uses NGX foam. The only one!
4. Traditional styles of hot tub covers allow water to soak into the core in short time. Water is an excellent conductor of heat. This means that a water soaked cover allows valuable heat to escape even when the cover is closed. The State of California has calculated that California residents alone waste about $23 million dollars ANNUALLY from water logger spa covers alone. Advanced Spa Covers do not absorb water, period.
5. There are 3 ways that heat is lost from a hot tub, Conduction, Convection, and Radiation. “R-Values” measure heat transfer via conduction only and Advanced Spa Covers have 25% higher R-Values PER INCH that a traditional cover does. Additionally, per the State of California, again, most of the heat lost in a hot tub is through convection and radiation! Our patent protected features stop heat loss via all three modes of heat transfer. The traditional cover does not.
- The outer shell of every Advanced Spa Cover is “hydrophobic”, which means that it “repels water dirt and debris” and this makes it easy to clean.
- Cleaning an Advanced Spa Cover is as easy as cleaning a car, a table or a counter top.
- No common and commercially available soaps and cleaners will harm the finish, however, we recommend minimum scrubbing with an abrasive cleanser such as Comet as it may eventually effect the shine.
- Feel free to use a pressure washer as well, or simply hose it off with a garden hose and broom.
- The “Titan Tough” outer shell is made to handle this.
- The cover can also be washed using the same tools you use to wash your car.
- And feel free to sanitize the non-porous surface using any household sanitizer for a germ and virus free bathing experience.
- We believe that all spa cover manufacturers should have to abide with total public disclosure of the true energy efficiency of their covers. Many tricks are used to fool the unwary public in this regard.
- A quick example of this is the calculation of the R-value. Most manufactures quote you the total R-value based on a 4” thick cover, but on the typical 2” to 4” tapered cover, the average thickness is really only 3”, so they are stretching the truth there.
- The Styrofoam used in a traditional cover offers an R-value of about 3.8 per inch, x 3” = 11.4 R-value in your typical traditional cover, averaged.
- Advanced Spa Covers does NOT use Styrofoam. Our covers come standard with 2lb rigid NGX-XPS insulation with patent protected “thermo-pocket” dead-air spaces trapped inside a vapor proof shell. All combined our standard R-value is an average of R-18. With all energy saving options included, an Advanced Spa Covers is available with R-values as high as R-45.
- The bottom-line difference between the Advanced Spa Cover and the traditional style of cover is that the Advanced Spa Cover has 25% higher R-Values PER INCH! This means more savings for the consumer.
- You are not alone with this problem as this is the leading cause of failure with the traditional style of cover!
- This is the key reason why our inventor invented the Advanced Spa Covers.
- A water-soaked foam core has lost practically all of its R-value, wasting energy and your money.
- A water-soaked foam core is actually designed to drain the disgusting water that collects inside it down into the hot tub water. This nasty water drips right into the same water that you soak in!
- What do you do? We highly recommend immediate replacement; for health, financial and environmental reasons. Henry Ford once said, “you can either buy a new one now, or you can not buy a new one and pay for it anyways”. In other words, the energy savings of a new cover will pay for itself.
- We DO NOT recommend cutting holes in the bottom side of your old cover to allow the water to drain. The water from inside a traditional style of cover can be toxic, it can be carcinogenic, and it can harbor and breed all kinds of mold, mildew, bacteria and germs. By draining that water into your spa, your bathing in this dangerous mixture.
- We can also recycle your old cover, no matter how bad it gets.
- Please see our ordering page for full details.
- A proper fit will make sure that our patent protected gasketing fits tight all around.
- Here are very in-depth detailed instructions. Feel free to reach out for assistance
- But First… we do have a very large database of spa sizes. Odds are that if you know the make, model and year that your spa was made, we probably have that information already in our database. Contact us here to find out.
- Any color of the rainbow is available
- Have an image, pattern, or texture carved into the surface of your cover
- These 3D Embellishments can be done in the top, bottom or edges of your cover. It is your choice.
- Add additional handles to any location you please
- The interior sealed 99% effective radiant heat reflective barrier greatly reduces heat lost via radiation loses
- Add additional tie-down straps for added security and for high wind areas
- The honeycomb sandwich panel increases strength and energy savings
- A thicker cover (3” to 5” taper or 4” to 6” taper) may work best in extreme environments
- Longer skirting helps to protect the acrylic edges of the spa from sun fading and damage
- Color matching hinges
- Deluxe handles are also available
- We can make custom hatches that can be used for waterfalls, adding chemicals, providing for a place to sit without opening the entire cover
- We can add extra gasketing for unique situations
- Covers can be made in practically any shape
- You can add buckles to hold sections together
- We have deluxe tie down straps available
- We do custom paint jobs on any of our covers by request
Unfortunately, very few recyclers will take an old cover that has been waterlogged or steam saturated. This is a key reason to stop buying the old traditional style of cover. The State of California has reported that over 120,000 old covers get tossed into our landfills, every single month! Stop the insanity! Get a cover that will last for as long as you own your spa- get an Advanced Spa Cover.
They do make good archery targets
Yes, we do custom sizes of all shapes and styles. Send us your specifications for a personalized quote.
You also have the option of doing your cover in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 pieces, or as many pieces as needed. With or without hinges.
- We offer several designs in stock for immediate delivery. Just ask to see our 3D Embellishment Library
- If you are looking to have a custom design carved, simply send your art work and files to email@example.com for a prompt quote.
- Our Design Team loves to work with you to get the ultimate design for your new cover
Every Advanced Spa Covers comes standard with a geared, continuous leaf, heavy duty, corrosion resistant aluminum hinge. This hinge leaves only a .25” wide gap when the traditional cover has a gap of up to 1.5” under a vinyl sewn in hinge that easily tears.
The quarter inch gap left by our metal hinge is fully gasketed all across the center seam. This gasket is then pinched by the hinge when closed offering a vapor tight seal.
Every Advanced Spa Cover comes standard with a vapor barrier that is up to 35 times thicker than the traditional covers vapor barrier.
The Advanced Spa Cover has a minimum vapor barrier of 65 mils. Your traditional cover offers vapor barriers of 2 to 4 mils standard.
The materials use as the vapor barrier of an Advanced Spa Covers is commonly used to protect buoys floating in the ocean for decades with no damage.
The vapor barrier used in a traditional cover is NOT recommended for exposure to oxidizers such a chlorine or bromine
The vapor barrier in an Advanced Spa Cover is actually used to line storage tanks to contain chlorine and bromine.
- We offer the industries only Lifetime Warranty.
- We can do this because of our superior strength, extremely thick vapor barrier, Titan Tough outer protective shell, and our hinge and gasketing details.
- Please see our warranty page for full details.
- In stock colors and sizes can be shipped the very next business day.
- For Custom Orders, the average delivery time is just 3 to 4 weeks depending on the complexity of your design.
- Adding extra options and features such as custom colors, custom carvings and patterns into the top, and custom decals, can add to these expected times based on the complexity of your designs. We offer an expected delivery date on all custom orders prior to payment.
- Simply email us your color choice and we can match it. Use of a standard PMS color number or a Sherwin Williams paint color is preferred, but we can work with any color chip you select, such as Home Depot or Lowes.